Corporate trailblazers have been looking for ways to reduce their environmental and social impacts for over 40 years. For many leading companies, it is now part of everyday business practice. Yet, for many more, sustainability is still not central to their business strategy. So, what would encourage more businesses to go further on sustainability?
Our microsite Business strategy for a better world explores this question from new perspectives. It includes the fascinating discussions held at our 2014 Catalyst Debates, covering consumer opinion, sustainable agriculture and the views of Generation Y. And it features the following insights from experts on key questions raised by the debates:
- Is collaboration finally outcompeting competition?
Matt Prescott, Robertsbridge
- What's holding business leaders back on sustainability?
Justin Keeble, Accenture
- Doing business with nature: safeguarding industrial systems from environmental degradation
Hannah Tranter, University of Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership
- Shaping business strategy for a better world
Sophia Tickell, Meteos
- How business-NGO partnerships are tackling sustainability challenges in food chains
Rachel Wilshaw and Danielle Smith, Oxfam