2021 is a crucial year for action to avert the climate and nature crises. It will see two landmark international summits, one on biodiversity in Beijing (COP15 in June) and one on climate in Glasgow (COP26 in November).
In association with partner organisations, we are hosting a day of online panels and interviews to kick off the year and consider the UK’s important role.
The day will feature a sequence of online events between 9.00am and 4.20pm
Host for the day: Chris Venables
, head of politics, Green Alliance
Opening video messages (9.00am):
Rt Hon Keir Starmer MP
, leader of the Labour party
Roseanna Cunningham MSP
, cabinet secretary for environment, climate change and land reform, Scottish Parliament
Keynote speech (3.30pm):
Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, COP president and secretary of state for business, energy and industrial strategy
- What has 2020 meant for climate and nature action? (9.15 - 10.05am)
- Do we have the leadership we need for a sustainable global economic recovery? (10.15 - 11.05am)
- The challenge for Glasgow: can the 2021 UN climate summit kick off a decade of UK climate leadership? (12.15 - 12.55pm)
- How can we ensure fairness and inclusion are at the heart of environmental action in 2021? (1.15 - 2.05pm)
- A year of UK leadership for climate and nature (3.30 – 4.20pm)
See full agenda
To attend, please register here
This event is part of our Cutting Carbon Now
project advocating immediate action across the UK economy to reduce the UK's contribution to climate change.